Wednesday 15 June 2016

5 ways to make fashion hair colour last longer

I feel like anyone who has dyed their hair has faced the frustration of feeling amazing for the first week then realizing just how much the colour has faded.
Luckily, as a hair dye veteran, I have a few top tips to keep your locks looking luscious.

1- wash your hair less often
Ideally don't wash your hair more than every other day as this will cause the colour to fade, invest in some dry shampoo or check out my Instagram for some cute second-day hair style inspiration.

2-wash your hair in colder water
Cold/ lukewarm water will remove much less colour than using hot water to wash you hair, it will also make your hair look shinier when it's dry too. It might be a bit unpleasant to wash your hair in colder water but I opt for putting my head upside down so the water doesn't drip down me.

3- avoid heat where possible 
This doesn't just go for the temperature of the water you wash your hair with but also styling methods, make sure your blow dryer, straighteners/curlers are on a low heat setting and try to use heatless styling methods when you can. Make sure you use a good heat protection method when styling and going out in hot weather.

4- use gentle or colour preserving products
Using products formulated for coloured hair is something I never did but it's really worth it as it has made such a difference to me. Products made for coloured hair will be gentle on the colour and will add moisture back into your hair which will help your hair grip the colour for longer.

5- Don't shampoo immediately after colouring
After having my hair coloured I like refrain from washing it again for at least 48 hours to let the colour settle in. This is a super easy tip but definitely one of the most effective.

If you have any more haircare tips and tricks I would love to know!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sabina Salem. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig